Two photos this week for you to reflect upon:(I chose this one.)
Trifecta Challenge; Week Sixty-eight
Congratulations to the weekend's winners, and on to the weekly prompt.
1a : the measured or measurable period during which an action, process, or condition exists or continues : duration
b : a nonspatial continuum that is measured in terms of events which succeed one another from past through present to future
c : leisure <time for reading>
2: the point or period when something occurs : occasion
3a : an appointed, fixed, or customary moment or hour for something to happen, begin, or end <arrived ahead of time>
b : an opportune or suitable moment <decided it was time to retire> —often used in the phrase about time <about time for a change>
- Your response must be between 33 and 333 words.
- You must use the 3rd definition of the given word in your post.
- The word itself needs to be included in your response.
- You may not use a variation of the word; it needs to be exactly as stated above.
- Only one entry per writer.
- If your post doesn't meet our requirements, please leave your link in the comments section, not in the linkz.
- Trifecta is open to everyone. Please join us.
The children squealed in delight. Bubbles! Hundreds of bubbles. Iridescent globes, dancing through the forest on the whim of gust and breeze.
They chased the fragile spheres, shrieking in glee. Bubbles hung from branches, flashing with reflections of leaf and bough. They caught in the undergrowth, where little hands tried to capture them whole.
At the far side of the forest, the ground rose through gentle foothills to the mountains beyond. She perched on a sunny outcrop watching the forest edge, puffs of smoke curling from her nostrils with each breath. Her wings folded in readiness against golden scales.
"Is it time for lunch yet, Mama?"
She flicked her gaze toward her dragonet, still marvelling at the strange emissions flowing from her tiny throat.
"Not yet, Baby, let them get clear of the trees."