Alrighty then, I couldn't resist. One silly story inspired by three prompts. (I may have pushed a bit on Lance's 100 Word Song, but I couldn't get "disaster" out of my head.)
So, here's my bit for the 100 Word Song, Write on Edge, and Trifecta.
100 words inspired by 311′s Beautiful Disaster. http://youtu.be/bDQlSUjqsuo
Write at the Merge; Week 7
This week, be inspired by the sense of smell. It’s said scent is the strongest tie to memory, and aroma is a powerful force—for good and awful! Is your nose engaged? Now I give you the word Elixir:
elixir |iˈliksər|Trifecta: Week Sixty-four
a magical or medicinal potion: an elixir guaranteed to induce love.
• a preparation that was supposedly able to change metals into gold, sought by alchemists.
• (also elixir of life )a preparation supposedly able to prolong life indefinitely.
• a medicinal solution of a specified type: a natural herbal cough elixir.
ORIGIN late Middle English: via medieval Latin from Arabic al-’iksīr, from al ‘the’ + ‘iksīr from Greek xērion ‘powder for drying wounds’ (from xēros ‘dry’).
b : exist, lie
: to remain for a time
a : to live as a resident
- Your response must be between 33 and 333 words.
- You must use the 3rd definition of the given word in your post.
- The word itself needs to be included in your response.
- You may not use a variation of the word; it needs to be exactly as stated above.
- Only one entry per writer.
- Trifecta is open to everyone. Please join us.