Tuesday, October 4, 2011

In the Pocket

This week Galit asked you to conjure something. An object, a person, a feeling, a color, a season- whatever you like.

But don’t tell us what it is, conjure it. In 100 words.

Fourteen pounds in my hand. 
One step for balance. 
Two, my arm pushes out, weight and gravity pulling it down. 
Three, it swings back in pendulum motion.
Four, my arm swings forward again.  
Five, my feet, arm, and ball at the line.  
My thumb leaves the hole drilled to fit. 
As the ball rolls from hand, my fingers create rotation. 
It hits the lane, sliding through the oil, then grips, and  begins to roll.  
At the end of the oil, it turns and accelerates, striking the rack between the headpin and the three-pin.  
Boom! 
Strike. 

7 comments:

  1. Ah ha! Strike! Great write ;D Shah. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post maybe about more than bowling, I'm not too good at reading between the lines, but it certainly sums up my first impression of what it is like to bowl. You know where the ball will go the second before the ball leaves your hand, or at least that is what it felt like to me as a first-time bowler.

    ~Latitudes of a Day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go you!

    Perfectly executed, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This requires reading between the lines... perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love bowling, though I don't have any particular talent for it.

    You not only do it well, you describe it well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love! I saw some of your scores today, and you are good. In three games, I might (and it's iffy) reach 200. And 14 pounds? Oof. I throw the 7 pound kid balls :)

    ReplyDelete