Sunday, October 21, 2012

Not Present

Exhaustion rolls across me in waves.

Confusion eroding intellect, twisting the mundane to the monstrous.  Frustration filing compassion to an angry blade of indifference.

Bits of humanity leached away on a desperate tide of tired.
 
Muscles numb with ache continuing their task by rote.  Shattered, scattered thoughts no longer involved in the process.

Mindless movement attempting to achieve a forgotten goal.

An empty shell worn smooth, tossed like so much flotsam in an ocean of things needing done, wanting finished, demanding attention that has wandered off with unrested distraction.

Leaving only tears to wash away the ashes of my dreams.


My take on Lance's 100WordSong: Falling to Pieces by the great Faith No More


My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog

14 comments:

  1. "Leaving only tears to wash away the ashes of my dreams."

    This was me at this time last year. Now, through a million struggles, I am attempting to resurrect the phoenix from those ashes.

    Lovely imagery in this response.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I was just having a bad week. I almost skipped the prompt, then inspiration or desperation hit.

      Delete
  2. great last line. Poetic and unforgettable.

    Excellent 100, Renee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Lance. Sometimes? These 100 words are just what I need.

      Delete
  3. I felt each word and the last line was beautiful in its pain. Great interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, I'm glad the feelings came across.
    And thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, the pain imagery fits the song perfectly. And what better way to get over a bad week than to write it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! And it did make me feel better to vent.

      Delete
  6. The whole sixth verse was just about damned near perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to go back and count.
      Thank you! I almost didn't write this week, I'm glad I did. I felt way better afterwards.

      Delete
  7. Ohhh that last line....killer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie, I'm glad you dropped by.
      And my dreams are still fairly intact, just taking a break for a bit

      Delete
  8. so heartbreaking
    aww love, I hope all is well with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad when you write. But this made me want to make you a cup of tea while I sat you down for a breather!

    ReplyDelete